What is a Counterbalance Lift Truck?
Answer: Basically it's a normal forklift truck, the lift truck operator faces forwards in the operating position and it steers with the rear wheels.
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Novice - 3 days
- Counterbalance Lift Truck Refresher - 1 day
We can offer this training course at our centre in Beverley or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely 'online'.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Counterbalance
Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Access Platform training course.