What is a Rough Terrain Telescopic Materials Handler (Teleporter)?
Answer: Normally used by farmers the Rough Terrain Telescopic Materials Handler or Teleporter is capable of travelling over off-road terrain, transporting normally up to 3000kg on the forks up to a height of 16 metres and a reducing load weight can be placed up to 10 metres away from the truck, some teleporters are fitted with stabilisers to increase their lifting capacity. These machines can load farm vehicles and road going vehicles, they are also useful at handling materials in waste transfer sites, production facilities and building sites.
- Telescopic Lift Truck Novice - 3 days
- Telescopic Lift Truck Refresher - 1 day
We can offer this training course at our centre in Beverley or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely 'online'.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of the Diesel Telescopic Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Telescopic
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Telescopic
- Operating the machine on rough terrain
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course.